- Nick, Jello, and Rachel for reminding me that blogging is an effective way to communicate, whether you're qualified or not.
- Brian Henry and The Thursday Night Writing group for the helpful information and suggestions, and for giving me something to look forward to every Thursday.
- Hubby and the kids for understanding when I get a little grumpy because something isn't going well with the writing, and for not bugging me when I'm in the zone. I love you!
- Evernight Teen for their unending patience with me and this protracted editing phase. Thank you!
- The Book - What I thought would be a few simple changes has so far yielded almost 38, 000 words of brand new material, complete with a change of setting, characters, time period, and major plot points. And I'd say I'm about half done. Right now I'm just debating a change in voice from 1st to 3rd person for some of the sections. I'll keep you posted!
- Work - It's the end of an era. After 9 years at my current school, I am transferring for next year. I have loved almost every minute, I have been privileged to work with an amazing staff and wonderful students, and I am sad to leave. However, I am excited about the chance to go to a brand new school and build my program from scratch. September will be a new adventure!
- Life - Hosted a shower for my sister last weekend. She's getting married in June and I couldn't be more thrilled for her! Next weekend we're going to look for shoes and a dress for my daughter for the event.
And now, for no reason in particular, a picture of my kitty.