Friday 8 February 2013

New Beginnings

Life is full of beginnings. Being born. Starting school. Moving around. Going to new schools. Meeting new people. The list could go on and on! 

Now the pessimist would say that life is also full of endings. Leaving friends. Getting out of elementary school. A family break-up. Lots of possibilities here, too.

I try to think of it in the words of one of my favourite bands, Green Day. "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." (Closing Time) In order to have a beginning, something else has to end. Call it a circle of life if you will.

Well, this is a new beginning for me. I wrote a book! And to find out that it would be published by Evernight Teen was exhilarating. It's a new beginning.

My book is called X5: Genesis, and for those of you who may know a thing or two about the Bible, Genesis is the first book - the beginning. I chose this as the title because it represents two things for my main characters. The first, is the end of life as they knew it. No, they don't die. But this book marks a big change for them. And as one part of their life ends, a new one begins. 

My book should be out in April, and before then, I'll post more information about it, about the characters, about the story, and maybe even some random stuff, too. I'm good at random.

I hope you'll join me on this new beginning!

What new beginnings have you had? I'd love to hear about them! Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment