Friday 2 August 2013

X5 by the Numbers

Image from

I must have done something right, because after submitting my revised MS to the editor, I received it back within a week and the publisher had this to say:

"The editor was impressed with your revision and thoroughly enjoyed the book"

Wahoo! There were a few areas where I had to make changes, which I did, and I sent it back, so now I believe it's going to the copy editor, and I may soon have a date for release. We shall see, and I will definitely keep you posted.

In the meantime, I have some trivia for you about my book, X5.

30 - number of days to write the first version
70, 588 - number of words in the original submission to Evernight Teen
5,000 - approximate number of words from the original that made it into the new version
55,000 - approximate number of words of new material (we'll see how much makes it into the final version!)
16 - number of weeks to re-write
3 - number of different Prologues written
3 - number of new first chapters written
35 - approximate number of Starbucks' Chai Lattes consumed while re-writing
13440 - approximate number of hairs lost during the re-write

It's been much more of a process than I bargained for! What a learning experience, but I know in the end it will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment